Home > News > Vinyl Railing at Centralia Home Damaged When Leaf Fire Gets Away

Vinyl Railing at Centralia Home Damaged When Leaf Fire Gets Away

February 20, 2017

Centralia City Firemen say a leaf fire spread quickly across the extremely dry grass and caused about $1,000 damage to a vinyl railing at the Mason Jackson home on Mitchell Drive Sunday afternoon.

Fire officials say the fire had largely been put out with a garden hose before their arrival. The fire itself was confined to a 10 by 20-foot area.

The fire call came in at 2:45 Sunday afternoon.

The fire was the only incident during the burn weekend in Centralia. The rest of the Fire Departments in Marion County issued a burn ban for Saturday and Sunday due to the extremely dry conditions.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: