Home > News > Fire Heavily Damages One Room at Centralia Motel

Fire Heavily Damages One Room at Centralia Motel

June 5, 2017

One room of the Centralia Motel at 215 South Poplar was heavily damaged by fire and smoke Saturday night.

Centralia City Firemen say the fire was in a room occupied by Kim Wallace. She had left the room after heating up liquid nail polish and put it on the bed. When Wallace later returned home, she found a smoldering fire on the bed and the room filled with heavy smoke.

Firemen put out the fire that was confined to the bed and removed the heavy smoke. A dog perished in the fire. No other rooms had to be evacuated or were damaged.

The fire call came in at 6:37 Saturday night. Firemen were on the scene for about an hour.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: