Home > News > Library Apartment Complex Fire Damages Two Units

Library Apartment Complex Fire Damages Two Units

July 23, 2017

Centralia City Firefighters say two apartments at the Library Apartment complex were damaged in an early Saturday morning fire.

Firemen say they were able to confine the actual fire to the kitchen of a third story apartment. It began after a person at the apartment, Blake Storey, turned on a stove burner to light a cigarette. He apparently failed to turn the burner completely off and it set a pan of food on the stove on fire.

In addition to the actual fire damage in the kitchen, there was smoke and water damage in the rest of the apartment rented to Katelynn Altom. A 2nd floor apartment below it occupied by Brittaney Horst and Landon Lutz received some water and minor smoke damage. Total damage was placed at $5,000.

All off-duty Centralia firefighters were called in to fight the fire. The call came in at 5 Saturday morning. Firemen were on the scene for an hour 15 minutes.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: